Piercing After care
Cleaning your piercing:
1. First wash your hands thoroughly. Never touch your piercing or jewelry with dirty
2. Saturate a cotton ball with Saline Solution and gently wipe away any “crustiness”
that have gathered around piercing area. Throw the cotton ball away. Repeat this
twice a day.
3. Apply a thin layer of Piercing Care cream once a day after you shower on the clean
surface, make sure you get the cream everywhere , but rotating the jewelry is not necessary
as long as you work the cream around the piercing completely.
4. After a few minutes remove any leftover cream with a clean paper towel or a Q-tip and
then dispose of it.
5. Avoid any motion of the area and no playing with the jewelry. These activities can cause
scar tissue, migration and other complications.
6. It is essential to repeat treatment for a month-month and a half.
Do not use
Rubbing alcohol - alcohol will dry the skin and irritate the raw piercing, which could lead
Instructions for Oral Piercing After Care
1. Rinse with Listerine mouth wash 30 to 60 seconds twice a day.
2.Do this 3 times a day for 3 weeks. If you are cleaning too often, the tip of your tongue will
start to turn a white yellowish color.
3. After eating, drinking anything that is not water wash mouth with salt water for 15-30
4. A new soft bristled toothbrush should be purchased, to help reduce the bacteria that
introduces into your mouth, do not use toothpaste containing peroxide.
What to avoid:
- Do not play with the piercing for the initial healing time beyond the necessary
movement of speaking and eating. Try to avoid clicking the jewelry against your teeth.
- Once the swelling has subsides, it is vital to replace the longer jewelry with a shorter post.
By not following these instructions you may harm your piercing - this is your responsibility!